Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Lessons Learned in the Valley

Surely one of the most valuable truths we learn as we go through the difficult seasons of our lives is that....... "It is in the Valleys I Grow".  That is the title of a poem sent to me years ago by a friend who was seeking to encourage me as I was finding my way through a painful loss.
Are you feeling light-hearted today?  Experiencing joy upon joy and blessing upon blessing?  If so, then you must celebrate and savor every moment!  But we know that seasons change..... struggles, hardship and suffering will inevitably come to challenge us and darken our path.  If this is where you find yourself today, take heart, and remember that the rugged terrain can produce in us bravery, patience, perseverence, character and hope.....if we walk through it with God and allow Him to do His redeeming work in us.

"We could never learn to be brave and patient if there were only joy in the world" ~ Helen Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment