Sunday, December 9, 2012

Meet Me There

I am reflecting on a sustaining truth: God meets us in the hard places.  I am learning that truth and  finding comfort there. I am finding comfort in knowing that He is with me in every disappointment, loss, and painful circumstance...that there is absolutely nothing He cannot see me safely through, a reality that my Pastor reminds us of every Sunday at worship. Life's hardest experiences are lined with grace, and that is the source of strength and hope for which we all hunger, whether we know it or not. The following quote speaks of this so beautifully. It speaks to me today.

"We never know where God hides His pools.  We see a rock, and we cannot guess it is the home of the spring.  We see a flinty place, and we cannot tell it is the hiding place of a fountain.  God leads me into the hard places, and then I find I have gone into the dwelling place of eternal springs."

~unknown~

No comments:

Post a Comment