Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Power of Words

Having just celebrated a birthday, I have found myself on the receiving end of many expressions of loving and caring thoughts.  I've been thinking about how that affects me, of how encouraged and affirmed I have felt because of the thoughtful words of others.  I feel loved.  I feel appreciated.  I've been reminded over and over again of  wonderful experiences shared with friends and family.  I've looked back and remembered times, places and people....some remembrances have brought laughter, some tears, and many smiles.

As I was reflecting on this, a quote came to mind.  There it was in my little book, tucked away and saved for just this moment.  Another example of a small work of fiction, easy reading, containing a gem of wisdom worth remembering and applying to life.

"A person's words have the power to create, not only on paper, but in another human being." ~ From the book "Velma Still Cooks in Leeway" by Vinita Hampton Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment