Saturday, February 9, 2013

And Still More Thoughts on Friendship!

There is nothing like a cold, snowy winter morning with nothing on the "to do" list except enjoy the morning!  It is a perfect time for reflection, prayer, and remembering the many blessings that have graced my life.  Among those blessings is the joy of friendship. 

When I think back on some of the more difficult seasons of my life, I am acutely aware of the strength and comfort I have gleaned from the love shown and the encouraging words spoken by my friends.  The following quote from the lips of a great man puts perfect words to my offering of today's thought.

"Friendship is one of the sweetest joys of life.  Many might have failed beneath the bitterness of their trial had they not found a friend."   ~ Charles Haddon Spurgeon ~

No comments:

Post a Comment